Pune’s Rohan More became the first Asian to complete the Oceans Seven marathon.
Pune’s Rohan More became the first Asian and the youngest person to complete the Oceans Seven marathon.After waiting for a long time due to bad weather conditions, Rohan finally got a chance to swim on February 9.He began swimming at about 9:30 a.m. from the North Island. For the first five hours, the water was calm and the temperature was around 19 degrees Celsius.More completed the feat in eight hours and 37 minutes.He completed the Triple Crown almost twenty years later, in less than 11 months and continues to set and accomplish marathon goals.
Speaking to News Reporters he says,
After coming here, it became very difficult for me to manage the swimming expenses along with the household. So it took quite a while to complete this challenge due to financial problems.
The Oceans Seven consists of the following waterways around the world:
1. North Channel between Ireland and Scotland
2. Cook Strait between the North and South Islands of New Zealand
3. Molokai Channel between Oahu and Molokai Islands in Hawaii
4. English Channel between England and France
5. Catalina Channel between Catalina Island and the Southern California mainland
6. Tsugaru Channel between the islands of Honshu and Hokkaido in Japan
7. Strait of Gibraltar between Europe and Africa