We saw many accomplishment in 2017 even though many things were messed up. No country is perfect not even ours but there were people that made us feel proud about as an Indian. No country is perfect, it’s on citizens of the country which makes it perfect.
Here are things that every Indian must be proud for
1. Manushi Chillar brought us the Miss World crown followed by Priyanka Chopra after a long gap of 17 years.
2. India hosted FIFA Under-17 World Cup this year.
3. India overtook the 2014 Russian record of 37 satellites by launching a record-breaking 104 satellites with a single rocket this year.
4. Supreme Court recognized that irrespective of their sexual orientation, every citizen of the country has the right to privacy.
5. With an aim to empower women, Supreme Court declared Triple Talaq as unconstitional.
6. Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone made their debut in Hollywood movies.
7. Kangana Ranaut fearlessly called upon an important debate on Nepotism in the the entertainment industry.
8. Vir Das became the first Indian-born comedian with a Netflix special.
9. DANGAL became the first Indian film to gross over 2000 crore rupees worldwide.
10. Shubhangi Swaroop became the first woman pilot to be inducted into Indian Navy.
11. As the women cricket team reaches World Cup final, it became the most watched women sporting event in India.
12. Sushma Swaraj just taught us that empathy knows no boundaries when she helped a Pakistani boy with rare heart disease get a visa to India.
13. Dr. Soumya Swaminathan became the first Indian to be appointed as deputy director general of WHO.