AICTE says “No admission” in Sinhgad Institute Next year
The All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has issued orders not to enter engineering, management and pharmacology colleges in the next year due to lack of salary of Sinhagad Technical Education Society in Pune. However, the order can be canceled if the payment is made, “said AICTE sources.Having suffered delays in salary payment for nearly 15 months now, the agitating faculty and non-teaching staff at the Sinhgad group of educational institutes has also demanded a probe into the affairs of the trust that runs the institutes.
Know What happened At Sinhgad Institutes
- The staff of the institute started the movement for salary two years ago.
- At that time a few months salary was given to the professors.
- Meanwhile, the banks started the debt relief.
- Seizure of property from three banks has been initiated.
- Last year, the CBI raided the organization
- The Income Tax Department also initiated action.
- All bank accounts of the organization were frozen
- With the exhaustion of fourteen month’s salary in December 2017, the professors again started the agitation.
- Professors from all the colleges of the institute participated in this agitation.
- Assurance to pay salary till 24th January 2018 was given to the professors.
- On February 6, 2018, the professors started the protest movement in the head office of the organization.
- On 7th February 2018, the director of the organization Dr. M. N. Professor Nawale surrounded the camp.
- Order of inquiry by the High and Technical Education Minister Ravindra Waikar on February 7, 2018.